I love classic rock. I also love a good baltimore club banger. I’ve now combined the two in an easy-to-drink package, here for your download & adding into ipods/serato sets. Also, I’m spinning at the Mustache Party at Ottobar in Baltimore April 9th, so stop by if you’re in the area! Special thanks to Dj James Nasty for hookin it up!
Okay, I’ve been neglecting my blog for a hot minute, but I really need to get back on it. So here’s what I’m up to this week:
Thursday night at the Rock N Roll Hotel, me and Dj Cold Case are throwin down some hip hop, some electronica, some pop, some eighties, and a very special 15 minute set of 1998 Noreaga album cuts. The drinks are cheap ($2 PBRs & $3 rails) so come by and have a drink with us and maybe shake your ass a little. Check it out on facebook.
Saturday I am very pleased to announce the first installment of STOP FAKIN’, featuring DJ’s Chris Klang, Ratt Moze, Cold Case, and of course myself at The Red and the Black (1212 H St NE). We’ll be rocking the crunkest assortment of electronica sounds from around the world, from bmore to electro to smooth chicago style house. This is a dance-heavy affair so come ready to throw back some shots, hit the floor, and party the night away! Check it out on facebook.
Last time I gave you Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure (for hip hop), traveling back to 1971 to hear the Delfonics, 1973 to jam with MFSB, and even up to 1982 to rock with Michael McDonald. Well Vol. 2 is a lot better than “Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey, so I guess that metaphor will have to die there, because check out this rockin’ tracklisting:
1. Bobby Byrd – I’m Not To Blame
2. Jay-Z – You Don’t Know
3. Willie Hutch – I Choose You
4. UGK ft. Outkast – Int’l Players Anthem
5. Bill Withers – Ain’t No Sunshine
6. DMX – Ain’t No Sunshine
7. Bobby Bland – Ain’t No Love In The Heart of The City
8. Jay-Z – Heart of the City
9. Hamilton, Joe Frank, & Reynold – Fallin in Love
10. Drake – Best I Ever Had
11. Kool & The Gang – Summer Madness
12. Digable Planets – Jimi Diggin Cats
13. Will Smith – Summertime
14. Roy Ayers – Feelin Good
15. Mase – Been Around The World (blend)
16. The JB’s – Pass The Peas
17. Eric B & Rakim – I Ain’t No Joke
I’m launching a new mixtape series today called Deja Vu, and as you can tell from the tracklisting, it’s a little bit different than your normal mixtape. It’s kind of like Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure (for hip hop).
1. The Delfonics – Ready or Not Here I Come (Can’t Hide From Love)
2. Missy Elliot – Sock It 2 Me
3. MSFB – Something For Nothing
4. Jay-Z – What More Can I Say
5. Willie Mitchell – Groovin’
6. GZA – Liquid Swords
7. Al Green – The Letter
8. Notorious B.I.G. – Long Kiss Goodnight
9. Junior M.A.F.I.A. – Get Money
10. Sylvia Striplin – You Can’t Turn Me Away
11. Leon Haywood – I Wanna Do Something Freaky To You
12. Snoop Dogg ft. Dr. Dre – Nuthin But A G Thang
13. Michael McDonald – I Keep Forgettin’
14. Warren G ft. Nate Dogg – Regulate
15. Melvin Bliss – Synthetic Subsitution
16. Gangstarr – DWYCK
17. Naughty By Nature – O.P.P.
18. Jackson 5 – ABC
19. Shirley Bassey – Diamonds Are Forever
20. Kanye West ft. Jay-Z – Diamonds From Sierra Leone
Paid. You’ve heard a lot about it. You know you need to be. But how? How are you going to convince the world you’re a big-time baller/pimp/drug dealer while working part time at Papa John’s and living in your mom’s house? Fortunately, the internet doesn’t check your W-2’s to see just how paid you really are. Everyone knows that rich people usually keep large sums of cash on them, and may even bathe in it Scrooge McDuck style (cartoons never lie). To show that you, too, are obviously wealthy, simply head down to Al Harrington’s Check Cashing and Liqour Store Emporium and convert that pay stub to cold hard cash. Make sure to get small bills, then wrap a single $100, $50, or even $20 bill around the edge of your roll. Finally, pull out your trusty camera phone and share with the world (please disregard Biggie’s first Crack Commandment).
Incorrect: (Not Paid)
As you can tell, I’m so paid in this last picture, I just can’t help but sneer at you unpaid masses. In fact, you disgust me. Go clean yourself up.
This Friday I am once again teaming up with Kevin Lance Murray and the good folks at Policy to bring you a night of super fun time:
I’ll be rockin from 10-2 playing a mix of old school hip hop, 80’s and some top 40. I will also probably do a down and dirty funk set real quick, as well as the MJ set (and I was doing that before he died)
For table reservations, contact 646.457.0553 and mention DJ Doc Rok for the special Super-Baller Discount prices.